What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture involves insertion of thin needles into the skin at functionally identified points on the body with the goal of achieving therapeutic effect.
How does it work?
- Increases the healing of injured tissues
- Improves blood flow to tissues and bodily structures, increasing circulation, which helps increase the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the area.
- Restores motor activity and strength
- Encourages normal recruitment patterns of muscles
- Decreases adhesions of tissues
What are the Benefits of Acupuncture?
- Reduces and relieves pain
- Improves function in the affected area
- Improves recovery from injury, illness, and surgery
- Decreases scar tissue formation
- Improves mood, energy, and sleep quality
Acupuncture can help most, if not all musculoskeletal pain such as:
- Neck and back pain
- Pelvic pain
- TMJ pain and dysfunction
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle pain
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Muscular pain
- Nerve pain
**Please Note – we currently do not offer direct billing for acupuncture services to extended benefit providers.